Monday, October 31, 2005

Lessons shouted at you!

As this night is the perfect night to draw out some tarot cards or cast the runes, M and I decided to just do that.

Boy. (shakes head)

When the 'Verse decides to smack you in the head with a brick, it doesn't do it by half, does it?

I got such a telling off by the cards for not doing more, for being lax. The whole framework was there for me to see that with the new year looming large with changes afoot. (For both of us) My interest in things Pagan are to play a more important role, I am to pull up my socks and be more creative ... och, it was an eyeopening reading.

I must admit to not having done one in ages and ages and am always blown away by how much the cards tend to tell you, once you sit down and muck around with them for a bit.

Oh well - I am making a concerted effort in doing more things pagan/craft-wise. Who knows where that may lead? I have started this blog and I am re-reading loads of my books. Specifically forcing myself to do the Ronald Hutton books as they are jam-packed with information and invaluable in understanding where we come from.

I used the Faery Wicca Tarot deck (as pictured above) and admit freely to being quite a collector of decks - some I love for their images, others I love as they feel attuned to me. I use different decks at different times but as the FW deck went with me when we went to visit Tara in Ireland, I felt that it was a good deck to use for tonight's reading - it is beautifully crafted and relates strongly to celtic imagery and archetypes, very easy to follow through, if you have a bit of knowledge of Irish mythology. And it worked!

The lesson was put across. The student paid attention, now all the student needs to do is sit down and figure it out the next step to the whole to make it work, taking into consideration so many variables.

Always remember the Tarot cards are there for guidance, what they tell you is not set in stone.

No comments: