Sunday, January 01, 2006

Self-Blessing


In keeping with it being the New Year and "fixing" ourselves, I thought I would write down a spell which I would be doing for myself this coming year.

I think that sometimes we forget just who and what we are. Stress, worries, rudeness and general nastiness rubs off on us each and every day and sometimes we forget to take that bit of time out to look after ourselves. I admit, it is a but of fluffiness, but the old adage is true...if you are down and out and feeling uch, and people are negative towards you, you will start feeling worse. With this, a little pick-me-up (without drug-use) things might change your outlook.

The time you take to restore yourself is precious. Perform a self-blessing every day.

Take sage and aromatic lavender and tie it in a muslin pouch. Breathe the aroma in three times. Beginning at the top of your head, the crown chakra, pass the pouch down to your feet, gently touching your other sacred chakras: throat, solar plexus, stomach, and pelvis. Then, holding the bag of herbs over your heart, speak aloud.

"Gone are sorrows, illness and woe,
Here wisdom and health begin to flow.
My heart is whole, fills my soul.
Blessed am I."

I have taken this from the Spell Deck - 36 Good Spells for Every Day - by Witch Bree (Brenda Knight) - and mean no infringement on copyright or any such slur.

No comments: